Unfortunately, Swiggy POP, a budget feature has popped out temporarily from the company’s services due to COVID19 lockdown
Launched in the year 2018, the Swiggy POP was a successful feature in the list of services provided by the Bengaluru-based company. Unfortunately, these testing times have made the company to seize this feature until normalcy returns.
What is Swiggy POP all about!?
- It is a single-serve-meal which is a popular demand for the school and office goers.
- It had 20-30 items ranging between Rs.99-200, that will be delivered free in about 40 minutes.
Source: Click here
Company’s thought process behind Swiggy POP:
- This was initially framed for single personals like the hostelers, young professionals, etc,…
- During the launch, Swiggy’s VP Product, Anuj Rathi mentioned that Swiggy POP was framed primarily for the need of professionals who are running against time with remote access to the kitchen and are looking for an accommodating food.
- Even the company’s blog mentions that Swiggy POP is one of the ambitious projects which just took 100 days for the project to come live, once the idea was conceptualized.
Reasons for temporary suspension of the plan:
In the face of lockdown, there has been a drastic drop down in the number of office-goers in the city and the main focus of the people has dropped down to buying essentials mainly. Swiggy has started adding essentials to their item list and eventually finding ways to balance their huge drop in their business.
Source: Click Here
Past notable steps that were taken by Swiggy :
The company has laid off 1,150 employees and some of its cloud kitchens due to the great blow in the food delivery business. Though there is some meltdown of restrictions, the business has been hit hard.
Source: Click here
Click here to go to our HOME page.